- 1 Grilling Stone – or, 2 Grilling Stones, if you want to cook all the bacon at the same time which frankly is easier and faster.
- 1 Pkg. of your favourite thick bacon – at least 12 slices per pack. I prefer just a lightly smoked.
- 3/4 C. real maple syrup
- A long sleeved shirt and apron 😉
- Large spatula and perhaps tongues
- Platter to fit finished product on for a perfect WOW presentation!
Heat your Grilling Stones on high setting on your Grill. (Drip a drop of water on it, if it sizzles and disappears, it’s ready!).
Place your slices of bacon on tightly side by side and fry until just until they are not curling anywhere yet. Now flip them over with a large spatula or tongs whatever you are best and quickest with. Once the same starts, you begin to see the odd twiest, flip again. You will be flipping the bacon over twice so it does not curl. It will allow the syrup to be distributed evenly and you’ll get the best taste.
Once bacon is a couple minutes from your desired crispness, shut off the propane or gas of the grill. Move the bacon even close together.
Starting from the left side and moving to the right, or opposite if your left handed ;-), drizzling with pure maple syrup down the centre of each of the bacon strips directly from the measuring cup (using only 1/2 for the first coating). Once you’ve covered each once, go back repeating with the remaining syrup. Now, allow to sit for at least one more minute to allow the syrup to thicken with lid down. Then begin removing candied bacon with the spatula from the left side or where you first began coating moving to the right. A lot of the results lie in the timing, only your know your grill.