These delicious chicken thighs will certainly be a tasty treat that you will want to enjoy over and over again. You can try lemon rather than lime & omit the chilies & cayenne pepper to make a whole new dish.
- 12 fresh fryer Chicken Thighs
- 2 Seasoned Grilling Stones – if you only have 1, you will need to cook two batches if the chicken thighs are larger.
- Large spatula and perhaps tongues
- Platter to fit finished product on for a perfect WOW presentation!
- 1/4 c. sesame seed oil
- 1/4 c. lime juice (key lime is best) (Tip – heat them in microwave for 10 seconds to make warm to make them juicier)
- 1/4 c. raw cane sugar or plain if you don’t have cane sugar
- 2 tsp. cayenne chilli pepper flakes – crushed to bring out the flavour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 large fresh cloves of garlic – minced or well crushed
- 2 tsp. Ted Reader’s Bone Dust Seasoning or use your favorite seasoning salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- Whisk it all together
Preheat your Grilling Stone(s) in BBQ, BBQ, smoker or oven. Once the temp has reached 450 F on your grill, smoker or oven. When using the oven, be sure to place a tinfoil covered cookie sheet under your Grilling Stone(s) to catch any drips.
Place the chicken on the stones once sizzling hot with skin side down first. Peek after 10 min. Are they really crispy? After 10 minutes, the chicken should be crispy and brown and ready to flip.
Flip, cook for 10 minutes and then baste the sauce on liberally; you want it to really coat the thighs. Now let the chicken cook to 180 degrees internally, about another 5 minutes, depending on the weather & outside temperature, baste once more, close the lid, peek, if it looks good and is 180 degrees near the centre you’re ready for your crispy juicy Chilli Lime Chicken Thighs.