These are a juicy delicious burger inspired by my friend, Chef Ted Reader and his spices and sauces which are truly delicious! You can prepare these a day ahead, double up the batch too for more friends.
- 1/4 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c.Ted’s Famous Beerlicious BBQ Sauce
- 1 egg mixed
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Ted’s Famous BBQ Orgasmic Onion Burger Seasoning Mix*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh finely chopped or dried parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh finely chopped or dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. finely crushed rice crisps, panko, or finely crushed unsalted crackers(10-12)
- 1 1/2 lbs of lean-extra learn ground beef
* Chef Ted Reader has the recipe in his “Beerlicious” Cookbook, so you can make your own!
In a large bowl, mix your first 10 ingredients together well. Then mix the well- crushed rice crisps, crackers or panko in with the first 10, now mix ground beef in. Mix together well. Form either into 4 equal patties (big) or making 8 (big) sliders. A little trick is making the center a bit thinner than the outer edges as burgers tend to enlarge in the center while grilling. Place these on a tray (you can line it with wax paper or parchment so they don’t stick together) and refrigerate for an hour or more. I have also just put them straight onto the HOT Brazilian Fire & Ice Grilling Stones right away, but they can loosen up. Preheat your Grilling Stone on the Grill or Smoker (a smoker can really give a unique flavour to these) to at least 450 or higher. After about 15 minutes, place the patties on about 5 minutes per side, unless they are super thick, then keep your heat lower say 350, so the sugar in the BBQ sauce won’t blacken. (Using a meat thermometer is a wise idea as you should cook beef thoroughly to be safe, unless you know your butcher REALLY WELL)
Serve on buns with your favorite condiments and toppings! Tons of cheese and crispy fried bacon is amazing on these.