This was a recipe that came to me when the apples began ripening on my trees in the back yard. We have three amazing and tolerant trees for our Northern temperature, each with its own very unique flavor. My earliest one was so flavorful, so plentiful and makes amazing apple sauce and baking each year. Spicebox Whiskey is such a smooth and tasty whiskey with its unique use of vanilla and spice, it is just a natural with this to help bring out the flavors in this recipe.
You will need:
- 2 – 4 nice (dependant on size) Pork Tenderloins with outer tendons removed (be gentle)
- One to two Grilling Stones (depending on the size of the loins)
- Gentle tongs for turning Sauce
- 1/2 c. apples (flesh only please, cooked up in the microwave like an applesauce & cooled)
- 6 ounces Spicebox Whisky
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (my favorite is always Demerara as it is rich and flavorful)
- 2 tsp. tarragon
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Mix up the ingredients for the sauce until the sugar is totally dissolved. Place the tenderloins in a zip lock bag for 2-3 hours or for intense flavour overnight.
Heat up your Brazilian Fire and Ice Grilling Stones to 450 F on the stones, turning as they brown on each side, approximately 3-4 min each. Once they are browned, begin basting generously with the bagged sauce until the meat thermometer reaches 71°C (160°F). Enjoy!