- Some Tips: If you wish to have well done meat or use large cubes for a more attractive kabob, use metal skewers, if using smaller pieces of food or prefer your meat less well done, bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes are the way to go.
- Heating your lemon in the microwave for 15 seconds will allow the juice to release more freely.
Gather 2 large Ziploc bags and these colorful vegies and meat for the kabobs:
- 2 lbs Beef, Chicken Pork, or Firm Tofu cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut in 1 ½ inch squares or use a green, orange or yellow for more color
- 3 small zucchini about 1-1/2 inch in diameter slices about ½ inch thick
- 2 medium sweet onions cut in 1 ½ inch squares or 1 ½ inch wedges
- 16 Mushrooms, approximately 1 1/2-inch either white or brown.
Marinade for Meat or Tofu In a large measuring cup add:
- 1/2 cup avacado or good quality cooking oil (Saving 1/4 for the vegies – see below)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 cup root beer (save 1/4 cup for the vegies – see below)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Demerara sugar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 med. onion chopped small
- 1 Tbsp. Ted Readers Bone Dust Seasoning or Barbecue Seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp salt
Now pour all the above ingredients into the Ziploc, place meat cubes in and coat all very well. Place in the fridge for several hours or overnight, turning a few times prior to use. Tofu will only need to be marinated a few hours. For Vegies: Cut all in 1 ½ inch square pieces. Toss the vegies in a large bowl with 1/4 c. of avocado oil & 1/4 c. Root Beer. Stir the vegies and liquid up really well so vegies are well coated. Now remove the vegies from the liquid and in a Ziploc mix very well the following seasonings. Now toss in all the vegies into the Ziploc, shaking well so they coat thoroughly.
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tbsp. dry basil
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp salt
Now skewer meat and vegies, alternating like the rainbow. Grill on hot Grilling Stones. Enjoy the Rainbow 🙂 !