Double Dipped 10 Chilli Pork Chops
by Grilling and Chilling Soapstone Company
Purchase 6 palm size (this will fit on one Large Grilling Stone) -1 inch thick boneless Pork Chops If you decide to do more chops use 2 stones. Also, if you are using 12, double the ingredients to coat the double batch.
You will need:
• 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• ¼ cup cornstarch
• 1 tbsp. “10 chilli Spice” from Elaine Wilson’s “Food You Can Cook” spice line OR
• use these spices: 1tsp.cayenne, 1 tsp Chilli powder, ( Jalapenos are added later)
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon basil
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black
• Minced garlic 3-4 med size cloves
• 4 tsps. Fresh minced Jalapenos
• 2 egg yolks, beaten mixed with:
• 1 cup of filtered water.
• ½ Cup Spice Box Whiskey OR more
1. In one medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl blend the wet ingredients well. You may need to thin with additional water or Spicebox Whiskey if the batter is too thick.
2. Heat your oven or grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Moisten each piece of pork with the egg mix, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet
mix, then dip in the wet and again into dry mix once more. Shake the chop, if it appears wet, dip into the dry mix one more time and shake it again
4. Place on Brazilian Ice Grilling Stone.
5. Cook in the oven about 35 minutes (flipping once in between with a very sharp spatula so as not to remove any coating) OR in a closed grill on the stones at only 300 degrees as the stones conduct a lot of heat, until golden brown.